InfoMAX Frequently Asked Questions
1. What kinds of information are included in InfoMAX?
InfoMAX is primarily based on information included in Medicare claims for hospices, hospitals, home health agencies, and skilled nursing facilities. To clarify, this means insurance claims from Medicare certified providers for services to Medicare beneficiaries. Medicare cost reports, Census Bureau, and other information sources are also used.
2. User Instructions:
- Go to www.HospiceAnalytics.com; click on InfoMAX; click on Login.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your password.
- Note there is a drop down box next to report name – you can choose and run any report format in this list.
- Note you can choose one or more years of data to run, as well as one or more counties to run.
- Click "Generate Report".
- Once the report is run, you’ll see “Click Here for your Report:” with a link – click on the link for your Excel spreadsheet results. You can save, edit, run Excel calculations, and export these Excel results into other software.
- You’ll also see “Your Report Graphs” with report graph links – click on each link for graphs associated with each report. You can save graph images as JPG, PNG, or PDF files; then “insert picture” into PowerPoint presentations or other software.
- While you could run all reports and save results in a file, InfoMAX is flexible enough to be accessed when specific information is needed (e.g., hospice LOS, or race, or hospital info, etc.) – quickly run what you need and go to the meeting or write your grant. InfoMAX report formats and additional information will be added and updated on a regular basis.
- Lastly, please note InfoMAX is being beta tested right now, and we’re identifying and correcting minor issues – please contact Hospice Analytics if you notice any concerns.
We expect InfoMAX to replace manually run Market Reports in 2014, but this year we’re running reports manually and opening InfoMAX accounts.
3. Technical Notes:
InfoMAX is a sophisticated online tool. We've found a couple hints to ensure InfoMAX is working smoothly on all computers:
- InfoMAX appears to work most smoothly using Goggle Chrome's internet brower (free download here) vs. Internet Explorer.
- Also, if your company has additional firewalls, pop-up blockers, or internet security it may be helpful to first try InfoMAX on a personal (e.g., home) computer without these security layers. Then, provided InfoMAX is working smoothly on your personal computer, contact your organization IT department to help navigate this site.
As always, please contact Hospice Analytics with any questions or concerns.